Saturday 29 August 2009

Shrug of the century

Right, so you know when you see something in a shop and you practically adore it, but you know deep down, no matter how long you hold it for it will never be yours? It happens all the time, mainly because of one main factor, MONEY.

Something I really don't understand though, is why people deem topshop cheap. Sure, its at the forefront of High-street fashion, but seriously? The only time I can really afford to shop in there is when the sales are on, and even then I struggle to get what i really want because of the masses of other teenage girls with the same idea as me (at least i think they do :) )

BACK TO THE POINT
I've been admiring needing this:






Beaded shrug, £38, topshop.

OR maybe this;






Scalloped bead jacket, £65, topshop.
However I came to the conclusion that I can't afford either of these and that I was doomed into a turmoil of sadness that I can never have my topshop topup. But, there was a glimmer of hope because there are two charity shops in my town that I adore, like my secret mecca. One of them has a special vintage rail, and maybe, just maybe I thought I could find a sort of dupe, or at least something that was realativly of the same idea.
So I went down to said shops on wednesday, and in one of them I found this;



Okay, so it wasn't covered in sequins, but to be honest I don't think that I could wear a sequinnd shrug in the daytime, as there would be a high risk that a sudden sunny day would make me look like a disco ball and people would be blinded and car accidents would happen and.....
Anyway, its actually quite beautiful, it has pearl beads all over it and goes with prettymuch anything, the price? 50p. saving? Well if I bought the first shrug I wanted I have saved £37.50. Not bad, eh? I'm really digging fancy shrugs at the moment, they kind of remind me of florence from Florence and the machine.

Here is one of the best examples of crap photography skills. there was no one in my house and I'd just got back from a party very early in the morning so hense my missing head;

Anyone found any good bargains recently?
-H xoxo

2 comments:

  1. i like your style, its very much like my own when i can be bothered! ;D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just like the style of the clothes.

    Lingeries

    ReplyDelete